We often invest a lot of resources into our training, but forget about measuring training efficiency: monitoring quantitative and qualitative measurements and tracking once the training exercises are over.
Measuring training efficiency: why is it important?
Correct measurements of your training results can show you exactly where you need to improve, as well as the areas where you are already doing a great job.
Without constant feedback, there would be no way to know what you’re doing well and what you still need to work on.
Plus, if you participate in regular trainings, they need to be customized to help you improve on your weak points; there is no use in working on something you already master, as there is the risk of the training becoming redundant and even boring. On the other side, a training that is constantly challenging you will awaken all your senses and keep you engaged in your mission.
Below are several other benefits of measuring training efficiency:
- Metrics give meaning to the training in the eyes of the trainee: trainees successfully focus their attention on the parameters in which they know they are measured.
- When the measurement is accurate and not only experiential, it is possible to compare your results to past achievements or to other trainees’ and thus increase your motivation.
- Measurement streamlines training by focusing on things that need to be improved and to build custom exercises.
- The trainer knows whether training is conducted and is aware of its quality
- You can determine whether people or organizations are qualified to fulfill their roles.
- Lateral measurement allows you to discover lateral patterns in different places in the organization.
In order to produce a reliable measurement of the functioning of organizations and people under harsh conditions, they must be put into situations that are as difficult as possible physically, mentally, and professionally.
Hyper-realistic training as well as training on hyper-realistic measurements produce a simulation which is as close as possible to the reality of as real situation and allows for a more accurate measurement of performance.
Therefore, we recommend that you use the best methods of simulation and measure the achievements in an empirical and accurate manner.